The other day I received a book with "Free Gift Enclosed" on the box.I wondered why they were sending this book but thought maybe it was because they want me to renew my subscription.
Well three days later the bill came for my free book for a total of $42.75!
I called Readers Digest and got someone with broken English in Manila Philippians. He said he would send me a mailing sticker to send the book back and only when they received it back would they credit my account.
He said it was generated my our e-mail account yet myself nor my husband ordered it.
I don't know what Readers Digest is trying to pull but it is a pretty shoddy deal if you ask me.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- " Due to publisher's mistake, book printed missing about a dozen illustrations were circulated before the problem was discovered by author who presented a perfect and complete MS..."
- "Tower Books is a website with a documented history of ripping people off, on one review site there are 27 bad reviews out of 27 with an overall rating of..."
- "The first time they tried to contact me, was last year in 2014. I declined, seeing as they have many bad reviews. But they won't stop trying to contact me!..."
- "LCD screen sent to me had brackets offset so I was unable to place the 4 mounting screws. Customer service suggested I "drill some holes" & that the last 10..."
- "I ordered the stealth sling shot it was to come with a leather case and a survival book as seen in the photos I waited to months and got nothing..."
- "I placed a 90 day order. OptumRX sent me a 50 day supply and charged me for 90 days per my agreement. My doctor called the pharmacy to..."
- "Today July 24 my husband and I stopped in Dunkin Donuts for a regular cup of coffee for him and hot Macchiato for me along with 2 jelly..."
- "My mother bought a variety bag of Clancy's potato chips when she went grocery shopping at Aldi's a few days ago. Today I wanted some chips to go with my..."
- "TERRIBLE!! I sold my home and didn't buy another one. I cannot get them to disconnect the service at my old address. I don't have a house to transfer service..."