Readers Digest Scam
The other day I received a book with "Free Gift Enclosed" on the box.I wondered why they were sending this book but thought maybe it was because they want me to renew my subscription.
Well three days later the bill came for my free book for a total of $42.75!
I called Readers Digest and got someone with broken English in Manila Philippians. He said he would send me a mailing sticker to send the book back and only when they received it back would they credit my account.
He said it was generated my our e-mail account yet myself nor my husband ordered it.
I don't know what Readers Digest is trying to pull but it is a pretty shoddy deal if you ask me.review #144874
You may also like
- " Due to publisher's mistake, book printed missing about a dozen illustrations were circulated before the problem was discovered by author who presented a perfect and complete MS..."
- "I terminated the contract last year with Authorhouse and in writing they agreed to take my book off 21 websites and not sell anymore. They were making the money and..."
- "The first time they tried to contact me, was last year in 2014. I declined, seeing as they have many bad reviews. But they won't stop trying to contact me!..."
- "February 24, we received delivery of our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Searsâ€™s delivery. When plugged it made a loud, continuous noise. A replacement refrigerator is scheduled for delivery..."
- "LCD screen sent to me had brackets offset so I was unable to place the 4 mounting screws. Customer service suggested I "drill some holes" & that the last 10..."
- " I purchased a Submariner LV from Tswisswatches.com. They are in Taiwan, the owner goes by 'Edde'. They promised a grade 1 replica with genuine swiss eta movement, and a..."
- "I bought a bag salad today to feed to my family and I was disgusted when I opened the bag to find mold growing on the cheese. It was foul..."
- "I love your shoes and don't usually have any issues but just bought a pair of the memory foam ones comfy shoes but have an issue after 2 months of..."
- "I went to the hair cuttery in downtown Chicago on Halsted street and asked for a simple trim. I just had 22 inch hair extentions installed that cost me $272.00...."